Instagram allows us to experience moments in others’ lives through pictures as they happen. These outdoor Instagrammers don’t just take beautiful photos, they share stories that inspire us to get outdoors and explore. We hope you will enjoy these individuals and brands as much as we do and give them a follow!
If you have other outdoor Instagrammers that you think should be added to this list, share them in the comments!
1) @brookewillson – Brooke hails from Alberta, Canada, but spends a lot of her time traveling and sleeping under the stars. Check out her Snapchat (@brookewillson) for some behind the scenes of many of her adventures.
2) @camptrend – We met these guys at Outdoor Retailer and are so glad we did. You can probably see why.
3) @idletheorybus – Not the typical couple on Instagram. James and Rachel have been living out of their 1976 VW van for the past three years, traveling all over North and South America and documenting their journey.
4) @tiffpenguin – Tiffany is has the work-life balance that we all dream of. She works as a dentist most days of the week, but escapes the city nearly every weekend. Luckily for us, she shares a piece of the adventures with us through breathtaking photos.
5) @chrisbrinleejr – One year ago, Chris left his comfortable job and life in California and set off on an adventure to Norway, Iceland, Nepal, Southeast Asia, and more. He has never looked back and is still going strong. Chris also writes for Indefinitely Wild, so maybe you’ve read some of his stories without even knowing it.
6) @jordanherschel – Amazing photography and almost always traveling. He’ll show you a different part of the world week after week.
7) @goldiehawn_ – Katie knows where and how to take a photo. Her pictures constantly remind us that beautiful and remote places exist. Now it’s time to visit some!
8) @chrisburkard – In case you haven’t already seen some of Chris’ photos, he’s a must follow. Chris has a passion for photographing surfing in unreal places (keep an eye out for wet suits on the coasts of Norway). As if his Instagram photos and stories weren’t enough, he just wrote a book, The Boy Who Spoke The Earth, containing illustrations based on his award-winning photography.
9) @thebusandus – They quit their jobs, fixed up this 1975 VW, and are on their journey from Alaska to Argentina. We realize many have done this trip, but these guys have a way with photos and words, sharing their travel stories on Instagram and their blog.
10) @freshoffthegrid – Currently on the road, this duo not only travels but shares some mouth-watering food photos and recipes. Check out their growing recipe list here.
11) @griffinlamb – Griffin has a unique style that showcases the beauty of the PNW (his home) and his travels around the world.
12) @andy_best – Andy has the dream job of doing photography and videography in the outdoors. He is often off the grid, traveling for work. You’ll definitely want to check out some stunning night photography.
13) @scott_kranz – Not only does Scott post beautiful photos, his words that accompany each post encourage and inspire the adventurer within us.
14) @robstrok – If you’re thinking of visiting the PNW and Northern California and wondering if there are cool places to visit, look no further. There are plenty, and Rob does a fantastic job at showing us it’s time to visit again.
A photo posted by Rob Strok (@robstrok) on
15) @mike_dewey – Mike has a great balance of photos and stories outside and around the world. His YouTube channel complements his Instagram with videos of his and Jay Matri’s international travels.
16) And in case you aren’t following us, we aim to inspire you to get outdoors and do some good. #AdventureOn #GearForGood